• What is stump grinding
    Stumps are mechanically ground out to approximately 300mm below ground level to enable re-planting or construction to take place
  • When is the best time to prune my tree
    This can vary depending on the tree species and can be addressed when quoting for any works.
  • What happens to my tree once you have taken it away
    All of our waste is 100% recycled. The branches and cord wood up to approximately 8“ are chipped on site and then taken away from our yard by Biomass companies to be screened and used by the bio fuel market. The wood is processed into timber and firewood occasionally supplying any suitable larger pieces of timber to be carved into sculptures by various chainsaw carvers.
  • What areas do you cover
    Warrington, Widnes, Runcorn, Northwich, Frodsham, Wirral, Liverpool, St Helens, Wigan, South Manchester, Knutsford
  • Do I need to be home whilst the work is carried out?
    No we are completely self sufficient. All we need is the access to be clear and any gates left un-locked.
  • Will you need to enter my neighbours garden
    If the tree is situated on the boundary then it is highly likely we will need to enter the neighbouring property garden to tidy sawdust if nothing else.
  • What is a Tree preservation order (TPO)
    TPOs are made under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 in respect of trees which are of particular amenity value. A copy of the order is served on the owner of the tree and other people affected by the trees e.g. adjoining landowners.
    It is an offence to damage, cut down or prune any tree that is subject to a TPO without the written consent of the Local Authority. A written application must be made to the Local Authority detailing the exact nature of work required. The Local Authority Arboriculturist will usually visit the site to decide if the works are appropriate. Applications must propose work which is in accordance with good Arboricultural practice.
  • What is a Conservation Area & is my tree protected
    Trees in a Conservation Area over 75mm in diameter measured 1.5 metres above the ground are classed as protected trees, and it is an offence to damage, cut down or prune such trees without giving written notice of the intended works to the Local Authority The law requires owners to give six weeks written notice during which time the work cannot be carried out. If the Local authority are unable to approve the work detailed in the notice it must make a Tree Preservation Order to protect the tree.
  • Can you act on our behalf when applying to the Local Authority for tree work to be carried out
    Yes. We can act as an agent when applying to the Local Authority and assist with the planning application.

If your question is not covered here, please do not hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any queries you may have.