Crown Reduction (also known as ‘Tree Lopping’) is usually carried out when a tree has outgrown its location i.e. to overhead services or buildings in some cases just to reduce the weight of the trees crown.
We carry out Crown Reduction work throughout the year, though avoiding early spring where possible as this can be detrimental to some species. Crown reduction works are normally carried out to maintain a tree that is growing too large for its location but is still required to look aesthetically pleasing. Holly Oak Tree Services usually crown reduce by approximately 25-30% of the trees overall mass, bringing the height down and reducing the sides in. Removing any dead, dying or diseased branches.
‘Tree Lopping’ is often used to describe Crown Reducing although it is not a nice description of this type of work, but a common practice.
Est in 2001, we have a well respected name and reputation as specialist Tree Surgeons & Arboriculturalists
Why choose Holly Oak Tree Services?
- We have been in the Tree Felling, Tree Dismantling business since 2001.
- All of our work, where achievable, conforms to the British Standard for Tree Work 3998 2010
- We are members of the Arboricultural Association and are a CHAS Accredited Contractor
- We operate environmentally responsible policies
- We provide professional honest advice & no obligation consultations.
- We take great pride in our work and love a challenge.
- We are proud that most of our work is obtained by word of mouth
NEED MORE INFORMATION OR ADVICE? CONTACT US